Friday, March 5, 2010

Luminese Airbrush System Haul

Premium you say.....???? 

It finally arrived.  After having to pay an additional $28.00 CAD for duties and taxes on top of the $274.00 CAD for the product, a total of just over $300.00, I was thrilled when my system finally arrived but had high expectations due to the price and the claims made about the results.
 I did what I was told despite hating to follow instructions; I read the instructions and watched the DVD provided.  I tried the system and here is the final verdict....  NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!
 First of all the product ads indicate that you only have to use a few drops of the make up ( 3-6) to get the coverage you want...ummm no you don't you have to use closer to 10 drops or more.  Already my product try out wasn't going well. The airbrush needs to be held like a pen and so it seemed slightly awkward when I was trying to apply even coverage. Although the coverage was nice and did seem to go on very well it wasn't  better than the coverage I receive from my beloved (and reasonable priced) MAC Studio Fix foundation and pressed powder.  The bronzer was nice but considering the amount you need to use, the supply you get makes the value plummet!  And finally, the Luminese Air System is not very convenient to travel with.  Though you receive a carry case for the airbrush machine and makeup, the case is much larger than the average carry case for all your basic make up needs i.e. foundation, bronzer, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and your brush basics.
 My advice is save yourself the $300.00 and stop by Mac or Sephora.  You can purchase so much more and receive a tremendous amount of value for your money as opposed to investing in a airbrush system that simply doesn't deliver the results it claims to.

No comments:

Post a Comment